Locally, the Happy Valley Family Health Team Nurse Practitioners work in collaboration with the Public Health Nurse to offer a sexual health clinic where you can access:
- sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment
- assessment and treatment of genital rashes, sores, bumps
- free condoms
- low-cost birth control
- birth control prescription
- IUD removal (IUD insertion is available at the Stratford site)
- pregnancy testing and options counselling
- emergency contraception (morning after pills)
- pap testing
- referrals to GYN-OB as needed
All of our services are confidential.
How long does it take to get my STI test results?
Most STI test results take about a week to come back. We will contact you only if the results are positive.
What happens if I test positive for an STI?
A public health nurse will follow up with you and discuss diagnosis, treatment, and management options. We can help you notify your partner(s) so they can be tested and treated to prevent any further spread of infection.
For an appointment, please text or call 519-635-2504 to contact or speak with a nurse.
Calls and texts will be answered Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Please Note: Sexual Health Clinics, also through the Huron Perth Public Health Unit, are available in Stratford at their Festival Square site. Please call or text the same number (519-635-2504) to book at the Stratford clinics.
There are no classes scheduled.