Happy Valley Family Health Team offers nutrition counselling by a Registered Dietitian (RD).
The title “Dietitian” is protected by law, so only qualified practitioners who have met specific education standards can use this title.
A Dietitian may help to identify nutrition problems and assess your nutritional status. This may include developing a plan of care and monitoring the effectiveness of nutrition interventions.
The Dietitian can counsel patients on eating styles to manage chronic conditions, such as:
- Diabetes/ Pre-Diabetes
- Hyperlipidemia (High Cholesterol)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases such as Crohn’s and Colitis
- Food Allergies/ Intolerances such as Celiac Disease or Gluten Intolerance
The Dietitian can also assist in making healthy lifestyle changes in infants, children and adults for:
- Picky eating
- Vegetarian eating
- Label reading
- Meal planning
- And help you decipher what to believe in the media and on the internet!
Individual appointments with the Dietician can be made by calling the office 519-284-3450 ext 3100.
Appointments can also be made through referral from any health professional within the team (i.e. doctor, nurse practitioner, social worker, pharmacist, nurse).
There are no classes scheduled.