The Happy Valley Family Health Team offers confidential, professional counselling and psychotherapy services to its rostered patients through Registered Social Workers and Master’s level counselling interns. These services are provided at no cost to the patient.
Social work focuses on strengths, supports, and resources as it helps people (individuals, couples, families, groups) of all ages and backgrounds to find solutions to life’s day-to-day issues including:
- Stress, Anxiety, and Phobias
- Sadness, Depression, Grief, and Loss
- Relationships (home, work, school,…)
- Trauma, Violence, Abuse, Sexual Assault
- Anger and Emotions Management
- Parenting, Separation, and Divorce
- Spirituality and Personal Identity
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning, and Two-Spirit (2SLGBTQ+) Issues
- Coping with Medical, Pain, Mental Health, or Personal Problems
- Alcohol and Drug Use (specific Addiction Counselling services also available)
- Adjusting to Life in Canada
A referral to social work may be made by a doctor, nurse practitioner, or other FHT staff member, but many patients simply call in (519-284-3450 ext 3100) and ask for service on their own – all methods are acceptable. Services are offered Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm, with limited evening appointments available on Mondays at 4:00, 5:00, and 6:30pm.
There are no classes scheduled.